Part 1：Program Information
1.1 The University Postgraduates Program at Beihang University
The University Postgraduates Program at Beihang University is a full scholarship program sponsored by the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC).
To apply the Scholarship of University Postgraduates Program at Beihang University, you are required to apply through both of CSC and Beihang University application system.
Apply online viahttp://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn
Apply online viahttp://admission.buaa.edu.cn
International School of Beihang University will be responsible for the admission of the scholarship.
The application time window is from 1st November 2021 to 31st March 2022.
1.2 International Travel Expense
The Scholarship does not cover any travel costs.
1.3 Full Time Program
This program is a full-time postgraduate’s program. Application of part-time students will not be accepted.
1.4 Study Period
The study period of master program is 2~3 years.
The study period of doctoral program is normally 4 years.
1.5 Benefits of CSC Scholarship
1. Tuition Fee in Set Period
2. Accommodation in University Dormitory Free of Charge; Or Subsidies to the students to live off-campus housing found by themselves :700 Yuan RMB/ Month for Bachelor and MS Candidates or 1000Yuan RMB/ Month for PhD Candidates
3. Medical and Accident Insurance
4. Living Allowance: 2500 Yuan RMB for Bachelor Candidates, 3000 Yuan RMB for MS Candidates and 3500 Yuan RMB for PhD Candidates
2.1 Requirements of English-Medium Programs
All the majors for the international postgraduates at Beihang University can be taught in English. English Proficiency for applicants from Non-English-Speaking Countries: 90 or above in TOEFL, or 6 or above in IELTS, 105 or above in Duolingo, or a certificate from current college or department indicated language proficiency (ability to take courses in English).
2.2 Requirements of Chinese -Medium Programs
1．If candidates want to take Chinese-Medium Program directly, they are required to provide the HSK (new) certificates (Level 5 or above).
2. Students with the following two conditions are suitable to apply for one year Chinese language training class:
(1) The major chosen is optional in Chinese-Medium.
And (2) The applicant have reached HSK Level 3.
Students must choose one year Chinese language training in the Application Forms when applying online.
(3) Chinese language training is not open to students who have already got HSK Level 5
2.3 If your previous educational languages are both English and Chinese, please decide which language you want to choose and prepare the language proficiency test accordingly.
2.4 Expected Graduation Certificate
1．Applicants who are going to graduate before August 15, 2022 and cannot submit their graduation certificates during the application process, are required to submit prove of expected graduation, obtained the Date of official graduate certificate the date. issued by current school or departments.
2．Original graduation degree and/or certificates are required to be submitted when registering at Beihang University, otherwise registration will be refused, and your qualification of admission and scholarship will be canceled according to regulations.
2.5 Language Study Programs
The University Postgraduates Program at Beihang University does not sponsor any language study program, for example Chinese, English etc.
2.6 Major cannot be changed after admission confirmation and no linguistic related majors are sponsored by the scholarship.
Part 3: Application Procedures and Required Documents
3.1 Application Online
Applicants should apply for the University Postgraduates Program online through BOTH the CSC system (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn) and the Beihang international students enrollment system（http://admission.buaa.edu.cn）. Lack of registration in any of these two systems will caused your application invalid and your documents will not be reviewed.
Please note in the CSC system, The “Program Category” should be “Type B” and the “Agency Number” of Beihang University is 10006.
3.2 The time window of Application
Online application starts from 1st November 2021 to 31st March 2022.
3.3 Hardcopy Application Forms not to be Accepted
For 2022 application we only accept the application from online system. No hard copy of mail delivery application will be accepted anymore.
3.4 Requirements of Application Documents
1．Applicants are required to prepare the Application Documents carefully and ensure all documents submitted are authentic, accurate and complete.
2．The applicants who provide false information or forgery documents will be rejected by Beihang University for next five years.
3．For successful candidates, Beihang University will examine all original application documents when registering at Beihang University. The admission qualification of candidates will be canceled in case of falsification.
3.5 Recommendation Letters and Transcripts
Two recommendation letters should be provided by professors, associate professors, or experts of similar status. Official transcripts with stamp of university will be accepted for application.
3.6 A Letter of Acceptance from Professors of Beihang University
A letter of acceptance from professors of Beihang University is not a compulsory document. When you are admitted, we will appoint the supervisor for you according to the Application Form and study plan you submitted. We encourage students to establish contact with our professors in advance to determine their majors, supervisor, and research directions.
3.7 Major selection
Your major choice in BOTH Beihang and CSC application system should be the same.
3.8 Renewing Passport Information Timely
1. If you do not have passport or your passport is renewing when you are applying online, you should fill out or renew your passport information timely upon getting new passport. Otherwise, the admission documents generated automatically will miss your passport information or use wrong information. In this case your visa application may be refused by Chinese Embassy.
2. All information filled in the Application Form on line should be accurate and any incorrect information revision in the Application Form, including the passport, mail address, Email and telephone number etc., may have a grave negative impact on making Admission Notice, mailing the admission documents and applying a visa after the Application Form to be submitted on line. .
3.9 Physical Examination
1．Physical Examination Form should be submitted together with blood test results. The Physical Examination Form can be downloaded from the website of International School. Physical examination should be done in a qualified hospital.
2. When you arrive in China, you will be asked to reexamine in the Chinese quarantine institute or hospital and if you are detected having diseases which makes you unsuitable for study in China, you will be immediately requested to leave for home country at your own expenses.
3.10 Application Fee
1. If you choose to pay application fee through bank remittance service, it is required that applicants provide the receipt of application fee payment with the other application documents; otherwise it will affect the admission or delay the application process. If you choose to pay via the PAYEASE function in the system, you do not need to submit the receipt.
2. The Application fee is not refundable. It is necessary to indicate the applicant’s name on the remark column of the Money Order when remitting the Application Fee.
3. Beneficiary Info
For USD 70
Beneficiary Name: BEIHANG UNIVERSITY
Account No.: 0200006209026400229
Beneficiary Banker's Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Beijing Dongsheng Road Branch, Beijing, China
Swift Code: ICBKCNBJBJM
For RMB 400
4. Difference between IBAN and SWIFT CODE
For remittance to PR. China, please make sure your bank remittance via the SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications) code. This code is authorized by International Organization for Standardization. We do not accept payment via Wechat\ Alipay\ PayPal \credit account.
There is NO IBAN (The International Bank Account Number) for Chinese banks.
3.11 For the Financial Supporter Information, CSC applicant can fill in” I am a CSC scholarship applicant” instead.
Part 4: Submission of Application Documents
4.1 Submit Application Documents
For 2022 application , all the application materials will be collected via the Beihang international student enrollment system（http://admission.buaa.edu.cn ）Please upload the application documents according to the content and format required in the material list within the specified time. Applications with incomplete materials or incorrect format will not be accepted. Please check the material review status in the system in time to confirm your material application progress and modification. If you need to submit more supplementary materials after passing the document review, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
4.2 Application deadline
31st March 2022
4.3 Ensuring Complete and Accurate Information
It is vital important for applicants to make sure the information provided in Application Form and the List of Application Documents are complete and accurate, including the post address, telephone, and mobile phone number as well as Email Address because the Email, Telephone and post address will be used in the application and admission processes and for mailing the admission documents accurately.
After submitting the application in CSC system, if it is necessary to withdraw , please submit the application form again after the modification, otherwise it will be treated that the application has not been submitted.
Part 5: Admission
5.1 Inquiring the Process and Result of Admission
Beihang will organize document review, preliminary interview, and academic interview in batches. Interview will be online, through ZOOM or Tencent meeting. The best candidates will be selected according to the comprehensive evaluation results. The admission results will be published in stages through the website of the International School Beihang University after mid-June 2022. Please log on the website of International School and check out personal emails regularly to stay up to date.
5.2 Publishing Admission Result
Admission List will be publicized by stages and in groups through the website of International School at Beihang University. Notices will be announced on the website of International School upon completion of admission process around the end of July.
5.3 Being not in the Admission List
If you have received the Confirmation Letter from Beihang University but are not in the admission list, you may have been admitted by another University you applied for. In such scenario, please contact the universities you have applied for to confirm.
5.4 Major is not changeable
Beihang does not accept the application of students who change their major in the scholarship program. The application for changing your major will affect your continued access to the scholarship of this program